Sell Coins in Houston, TX
Where and How to Sell Coins in Houston, TX
Whether you’ve inherited a coin collection or just want to cash in now to have some extra money in hand, you can find out where to sell coins near you for a good price. At Houston Jewelry Buyers, we offer free appraisals to customers who have old coins for sale, even if you don’t end up deciding to sell to us. We buy silver and gold coins and bars and our professionals work hard to make the process as stress-free and simple as possible. We make sure all transactions remain private and confidential, and we offer personalized same-day service. Call us today to schedule an appointment for an appraisal or to sell coins in Houston, TX.
What Should I Consider Before Selling Old Coins?
If you’re not a coin collector and you don’t have a lot of experience selling coins, you should start by having your collection appraised. An expert, professional appraiser can give you an honest valuation for each coin in your collection. This will ensure you don’t end up getting scammed if you decide to sell coins online. If you’re trying to find out how to sell coins or where to sell coins, you should consider these factors:
- Take Your Time – Don’t rush into selling old coins as quickly as possible just because you need cash fast. Take your time to get as much information as possible about what you have in your collection and what it’s really worth.
- Learn as Much as Possible – Talk to experts in coin collecting about the best way to sell coins online, and find out which local shops offer old coins for sale. You can also do online research or check out books on coin collecting and selling old coins.
- Don’t Clean Your Coins – Cleaning your coins will actually dramatically reduce their value. Anyone who specializes in buying old coins will know that you have cleaned them and will decrease the valuation of your coins accordingly.
- Try to Get the Best Price – Selling coins online might get you money faster, but it can also open you up to a lot of risk, and scams or frauds. You should also avoid coin shows and pawn shops. If you want to get the best price for your old coins, you should look for locally owned and operated businesses that specialize in buying and selling old coins.
- Maintain Your Expectations – Even if other coins similar to yours have sold for a lot in the past, that doesn’t mean that your coins will necessarily fetch the same price. There are a lot of factors that affect the individual worth of coins.
- Gather Your Collection in One Place – Having your coin collection all in one place will make it easier to sell coins. Keep the collection and all of its supporting documentation in one place and be careful where you store it to lower your risk of theft.
- Group the Collection Logically – Group your collection logically organized into sets, albums, folders, or labeled containers. Separate them by U.S. coins, foreign coins, medals, and exonumia. You might also consider grouping them by year or age.
- Inventory & Catalog Your Collection – Finally, inventory and catalog your collection for insurance purposes and your own peace of mind. A well-organized and inventoried collection will be more lucrative and appealing to anyone who buys and sells coins.
What Is the Best Place to Sell My Coins?
Once you have gotten your coins appraised and have grouped, inventoried, and cataloged your collection, you should find out where to sell old coins. Again, selling coins online is risky, as the buyer could claim they never received the coins or could do a chargeback on their credit card. Using an auction house or third-party seller to sell coins online means you’ll lose a percentage of your sale. A locally owned and operated shop that buys and sells coins can often give you a more competitive rate. Look for a shop that doesn’t have a huge inventory of old coins for sale so that your collection will seem more appealing. Local coin dealers often try to match or beat online prices so they can establish a relationship with a coin collector or local hobbyist.
Why Choose Houston Jewelry Buyers When Selling Coins
At Houston Jewelry Buyers, we have been serving the Houston community since 1967. We are a locally owned and operated business with a long tradition of buying and selling the finest jewelry, watches, diamonds, gems, and more. We buy and sell coins and can offer a free appraisal for your collection, even if you don’t decide to sell coins to us. Each member of our team has extensive experience and is committed to providing exceptional customer service, personal attention, and knowledge and information about the items you’re trying to sell. Our goal is to make the process hassle-free so that you will feel comfortable coming to us any time you plan on selling old coins or jewelry.
Call Today to Sell Coins or Have Them Appraised by Experts
Call us today to schedule an appointment to have your coin collection appraised by our experts. We also welcome walk-ins for appraisals or to discuss the collection you want to sell. If you have silver or gold coins for sale, request an online quote or appraisal, or come see us today to get started.
Why Choose Us?
- FREE Appraisals
- On-Site 24HR Security
- Repairs While You Wait!
- In-Store Fine Watch & Clock Center
- Family Owned & Operated Since 1967